About NAMI Linn County
WELCOME TO THE NAMI LINN COUNTY WEBSITE!
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a grassroots, self-help, education, support, and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with mental illness and their families. The organization has more than 210,000 members nationwide and is growing every day!
Worth Magazine has ranked NAMI in its “Top 100 charities most likely to change the world.”
There are three levels to the organization. Each level of NAMI is a separate entity, with its own membership dues and benefits. The levels are:
- A national office (www.nami.org)
- State offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam (NAMI Iowa – www.namiiowa.org)
- Over 1,200 local affiliates within those states, including NAMI Linn County
About NAMI Linn County
NAMI Linn County is a non-profit, all volunteer organization which offers an array of free services including
- a resource and referral phone line,
- support groups for consumers, family members, and friends,
- educational classes and programs,
- educational forums that feature local experts presenting on a variety of mental health issues,
- community events and activities, such as our annual Membership Picnic and Mental Illness Awareness Week events in October,
- a Speakers Bureau,
- and advocacy/fundraising efforts, such as the annual NAMI Walk for the Mind of America held every May.
Most events and services are free and open to the public. Paid membership is $35 annually for individuals or families (with a reduced “open door” rate for those in need) and entitles members to additional services, including state and national newsletters and invitations to special membership events, such as our Annual Picnic.
NAMI members are:
- persons living with mental illness or mental health issues (also referred to as mental health “consumers”)
- spouses, parents, children, or other relatives of persons living with mental illness
- friends of persons living with mental illness
- mental health care professionals
Thank you for visiting our website!
We invite you to get involved in NAMI Linn County, whether you are a member or not! Please browse our website, join a discussion group, attend monthly programs, and return to our website often for updated information and programming.
If you have questions regarding mental health issues, desire more information about our programs or membership, or have an interest in volunteering for NAMI Linn County, please call our resource line at (319) 221-1184, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Our mailing address is: NAMI Linn County; P.O. Box 945; Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
NAMI Linn County is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit tax exempt organization.