Family-to-Family Classes: January 2019
Need help coping with a family member who struggles with mental illness?
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free 12-week educational course for family members of adults living with mental illness. Taught by family members who have had special training, its evidence-based curriculum includes the following:
- Up-to-date information on illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, anxiety disorders, and other mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects
- How to manage crises, solve problems, and communicate effectively
- How to develop the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
NAMI Linn County will offer two sections of Family-to-Family, as follows:
- Mondays, West side, beginning Jan. 7, 2019, 6 – 8:30 pm for 12 weeks, at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 4700 Johnson Ave. NW
- Tuesdays, East side/Marion, beginning Jan. 22, 2019, 6 – 8:30 pm for 12 weeks, at Marion Christian Church, 1050 McGowan Blvd., Marion
To enroll, please contact email@example.com or phone 319-221-1184. Provide name, email address, phone number, and class choice.