JOB POSTING: Executive Director for NAMI Linn County
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Linn County chapter, is seeking a motivated individual with a proven track record to lead our nonprofit organization! We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with mental illness, and their families, through support, education, and advocacy. This contract position is currently part-time, working out of our office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Candidates must have significant and successful organizational leadership experience and the ability to oversee operations, programs, and fundraising. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and day-to-day operations of NAMI Linn County, in accordance with the mission and strategic goals approved by the Board of Directors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the chief administrator responsible for managing all aspects of NAMI Linn County.
- Ensure effective communication to all NAMI Linn County stakeholders.
- Attract, develop, and retain high-performing and engaged staff and volunteers.
- Ensure NAMI Linn County adheres to government regulations and the National Association on Mental Illness policies.
- Responsible for the development, adherence, and maintenance of sound financial practices.
- Work with staff, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors to prepare the annual organization budget; ensure NAMI Linn County operates within budget guidelines.
Board of Directors
- Assist the Board of Directors in making decisions, preparing strategic plans, and creating/maintaining NAMI Linn County policies.
- Work with the Board of Directors to recruit, nominate, and train new volunteer board members.
- Prepare and report monthly to the Board of Directors on operations of NAMI Linn County.
- Community Relations/Resource Development.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for NAMI Linn County, cultivating relationships with community partners, local media, government agencies, and volunteer organizations.
- Provide leadership and assistance in all fundraising efforts, including the cultivation of major corporate, private foundations and individual donors; cultivate in-kind and land donations, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 8–10 years of experience in organizational leadership/management; nonprofit management experience preferred.
- Must be organized with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives.
- Previous experience with financial management, including budget preparation and audits.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Mental health knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- NAMI Linn County Executive Director Contract: 14 hours per week at a rate of $22 per hour. No additional benefits, except for approved business expenses incurred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume (with references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org